Re: Fender Champ

From: <ShMclendon@xxxxxxx>

> I just picked up a Fender Champ Silver face {.. Not a Vibro }
> is there anything i would need to do to make it more harp friendly
> looks to be all stock except for the speaker

There's not a lot you can do to make it better.  It only has a single 12AX7,
and you do NOT want to swap it for a lower gain tube.

The one thing I'd double check is the speaker.  Optimally it should be a 3.2
ohms.  A 4 ohm speaker will work.  If it's 8 ohms, change it for a 4 or 3.2
ohm.

I usually run mine with treble most of the way down, bass turned up a bit
depending on how early I want it to break up, and volume around 6 to 8.

- -IronMan Mike Curtis Band  http://www.ironmancurtis.com *Southland Blues
Magazine http://www.SouthlandBlues.com TU 8pm Starboard Attitude/Redondo
Santa Monica 3rd St Promenade, various times - email my cellphone (2 lines
max)
mailto:ironmanc@xxxxxxxxx