Dual Reed bends vs isolated bends

Well I'm going to disagree with Iron Mike here and say that to my ears, a valved bend
may have a slightly different timbre than an overbend but they both lack the richness
of a true dual-cell bend where, as I understand it, BOTH reeds in the cell are
vibrating in sympathy to produce the note.   In an overblow the idea is to use one reed
as a "closing reed" and make the other reed produce the note.   And in a valved bend,
the valve closes off one reed in the cell allowing the other reed to produce the note.

That thin "cardboardy" sound comes from a single-reed bend, and to my ears a valved
bend sounds just as thin as an overbend.