Re: Harps on Planes (was lots of stuff...)

> I was playing the Jazzfest in Rochester NY and flew
up on "Airtran"  as we
> taxied and prepared for takeoff the pilot starts
wailing the "I'm a Man
> Riff" with a cute little rap about the airline in
between. (anyone else run
> into this guy up there??)

i dunno if it was the same guy (doubt it) but i flew
Southwest (i think) to Memphis not long ago and had a
similar experience. supposedly, these guys are know
for kooky pilots. i had a harp on me at the time, but
decided to play back ;)

and speaking of harps on flights: i always take harps
with me when i travel. lately, i've been carrying a
mic and mini-amp too, usually in my carryon.
thankfully, i'm never had any problems. (that story
about the shivved amp really sucks!! sue those
bastards! ;) usually, i'm not even asked about the mic
or amp (it's a Lil' Smokey) but they always say "you
carryin' harmonicas in there?" and i just say yes and
that's the end of story. once i did think i'd have to
play them, but they let me pass. good thing too, my
playing could have been considered terrorism by some
ears ;)

    --Jp