Re: "Stormy Monday" help

   Maybe I'm missing something here but do you HAVE to stay with the
band (note per note) on that Min 7ths A,B,Bb run? AND the d9 & d#9
can be "cheated-in". A C played "crossed" should work.

   I will be doing this tune (in about 3 hrs) and will use a spl 20
with which I have RAISED the 5th AND 9th DRAW notes 1/2 step.
(NOTICE, the draw 9s will NOW be useable, hit one with the "Bend
already in it" and then allow it to smear UP to the true tuneing. I
have been doing these since 1959. I hit on it QUITE by accident. I
will ALSO have a chromatic in my hand at the same time.

   The chromatic allows for a "different" sound. Oh, and YES, the
diatonic WOULD be played "crossed". You could also use an F (in 3rd
position), but that's a little to "Jimmy Reed shrill" for my taste.

  smokey-joe

JP