RE: big bottom end...

Bullfrog offers:

> I recently bought one.
<SNIP>
> They aren't very loud.
<SNIP>
> They need an amp and special mic, I think.

Bullfrog, I was afraid of that. I read an interiew by Winslow Yerxa
with Danny Wilson (The Legendary "BassHarp"), and he described his
set-up. It definitely sounds as though amplification is a MUST. Too
bad, I play unamplified a lot right now (that's the problem - I can't
even play bass GUITAR - no amp) for that to be a workable option. I
guess maybe I ought to look into a Guitarron (anybbody here on
"Guitarron-L"? ;-))

Thanks for the info.

- -Scorcher

<SNIP>

> > Some of the types of (un-amplified) music I enjoy listening to and
> > playing are fairly diverse (Jug/skiffle, bluegrass, norteno,
country,
> > blues, folk, celtic, rock & roll++) & I'm considering a bass
harmonica
> > as a way for me to contribute uniquely to the music I've been
enjoying
> > so much.
> >
> > Question is, can they be heard among the "usual" acoustic
> > intstruments? I play frequently with guitars, banjos, fiddles, and
> > mandolins acoustically (no PA, no amps, just air).

<SNIP>