Re: "Stormy Monday" help

   I was called up to play harp on Stormy Monday earler today at a blues
fest. Some friends were playing there and they have a regular harp player, so it
was a good setup.. Bullet mic and a Fender champ that sounded great..   I
played the whole thing in second position, playing some licks in the gaps in the
vocals, jumping on the solo, then laying out almost completely when the guitar
solos came around. There were two guitar players, so I just "chunked" a G chord
every four beats. I've played it before, but not for a long time and I never
have anything worked out, I just do it. That seems to work best for me.
   Most harp players I have seen play this song do it in second position,
though I have seen a couple use third position too. For what it's worth.

Steve "Moandabluz" Webb
still a fool for the harp