Re: Smelly Harp

I have found that if you disassemble the instrument and bury it in dry, cheap ground coffee for a few days, the tobacco and food smells will go away... absorbed by the coffee. If you have a wood comb, you are left with a very pleasant smelling harmonica. The smell will last for a few days. Plastic combed instruments will lose the coffee aroma in an hour or two.

Make sure you clean all the dry grounds out of the harmonica before you play. They will swell from the moisture in your breath and create some real, albeit temporary playability issues.

If you take milk and sugar in your coffee, do it separately!

For our English friends... yes, loose tea works as well.

Italian? Oregano!

Whit