RE: Customized Special 20 vs. Marine Bands

After years of playing plastic combed harps (Lee Oskars, Special 20's,
Suzuki Blues Masters, Huangs), I started playing Marine Bands again. This
occurred because I needed a "C" harp for an upcoming gig and only Marine
Bands were available. I discovered I love Marine Bands. The are well made,
responsive, and "sound better". They are "sweeter", "warmer" or however you
want to describe it. (I don't know why and am not about to venture a
guess...). They are also much more rugged than a Special 20 and have yet to
blow one out in the middle of a gig.