Re: There's no fool...

Mike wrote:
> I'm struggling with the repair idea and have lots of info, thanks
> to the list.  I am thinking about getting the fifty dollar reed
> tuner, from Farrell.  Is this a good one?

In my humble opinion, save your money.  I do the vast majority of my
tuning with a folded piece of 320 grit emory paper.  If you want to
spend your money on something, get a Lee Oskar toolkit, it's worth
the money for the pick and the chisel and the instruction booklet.

> And can a blind guy use it, or do I need to brow beat my son for
> help?

If you're literally blind, you might have some problems reading a
tuner.  I recently got a Korg OT-12 Orchestral Tuner that has a nice
feature called "sound back".  You play a note, it finds the closest
note to within a semitone, and sounds it back to you in pitch.  You
can use this to tune your reference notes by the beats.  Once you
have good reference pitches you can tune the harp to itself.

- -tim