Re: Dying art form was Re: Jazz on diatonic

> But, on the "Dying Art form" portion of this thread, I submit that it
would
> be difficult for the astute Jazz or *Popular-music* fan to name many of
> those well-known (to us Harmonica Enthusiasts) players - But SW's name
would
> probably occur to most listeners.

I have never met anybody who doesn't know Toots Thielemans, and he is a jazz
harmonica player.

Everybody I have ever told I play harmonica and am trying to learn jazz has
always come up with the same question "Like Toots?".

It then takes me a while to explain that I play diatonic, but I can assure
you where I am from everybody knows at least one jazz harmonica player.

Most people are not aware of the fact that Stevie Wonder plays the
harmonica, they think he sings.

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
Overblows and Overdraws on the Diatonic Harmonica.

http://www.overblow.com/harmonica
Scale and Chord finder for the harmonica and all alternative tunings.