Re: Advanced techniques and attitudes...

I agree with every word of this.  I have only been a member of this list for
a few months, though quite an active one already.  I have never met
face-to-face anyone else on the list, yet, within the confines of all things
harmonica I hasten to add, I have already come to see a good number of other
contributors as having distinctive "characters."  I like it when:

*we have constructive debates about just about any topic, even if things get
quite animated
*we exchange advice about harps, techniques, mics, amps and so on
*we can get light-hearted (genuinely) without taking side-swipes at others
*warm and friendly exchanges develop off-list
*I feel I've learned something useful to me  - happens most days
*I feel that I have something I can usefully pass on

I don't like it when I see things getting a little personal between people I
don't know, whether explicitly or between the lines.  I feel like an
embarrassed outsider in these circumstances.  The whole point of these lists
is to advance the cause of the instrument that we all love, and when we get
these occasional megaphone bursts of rancour I think we are all being pulled
back a little.

This is a brilliant list full of civilised, knowledgeable folk - if you
don't believe me, just look at some of the other forums you get elsewhere on
the net!

Steve Shaw, stranded in the UK.

Want more than the blues?  Try Irish!
http://mysite.freeserve.com/trad_irish_harmonica