RE: OB (8 Track) v XB40 (mp3)

from somebody who still can't do a peep of an overblow and angry at wrecking harps trying.

i can successfully "choke" a 6 hole blow reed with slight breath- but i am sure my cat could do the same if i let her near my harmonicas. big deal.

I am much happier with the improvement of my blowbends so I guess that is one plus - i would not have put the time in unless it was trying to achieve obs.

just hate the idea of going out and buying brand new harmonicas to destroy with my poor gapping techniques. can't justify that anymore -  good harmonicas that could have been given to kids to learn a hell of a lot on.

I certainly appreciate that for those who can do them, the benefits of added control and expression must be great for when playing anything- obviously it's going to aid all of your other techniques (that's an assumption, not a political standpoint)

question:  if overblows were around all of last century - i think it's been pointed out there's a recording going back to the 1930s(?) - did they go just "underground'?

Harmonicas have been gapped in various ways from the very first models.

was it purely a "fashion" thing not to use them as prominently as they have lately become?

crowley