Re: TB in 30 min/day...(was IICDIAO)

> Has anyone else heard what Mark Crowley asserts? Mark, do you know
> what recordings these OBs are on? Could you please cite a couple
> instances - I've got to get hold of that!

There's a "famous" 1929 recording of Blues Birdhead's : "Mean Low Blues"
which features a sustained ob6, I believe. It's probably excessive to say
that teh technique was widely used, though.

As for HL "inventing them", there's ample evidence to the contrary, from the
early Hot Tuna recordings with Will Scarlett (1972, is it ?) to Mike Turk's
stuff with Papa John Kolstad (1975 ?)

Howard pushed the technique further than anyone had before, for sure, but
there were others on that particular bandwagon ;-)

Ben FELTEN, Editor
www.planetharmonica.com