Re: Sonny Terry Whoop

Ludo wrote:
OAK publ. (no affil.) has a book on Sonny Terry style by Kent Cooper.
The whooping thing is tabbed.
_________
I have to jump in here to mention that Kent Cooper did write the bio
part of that book, but the actual instructional part was written by
Fred Palmer.

Fred is one of the finest practitioners of acoustic blues harp in the
country, and is severely underappreciated, in my opinion... I'm happy
to report he is quite alive and well --we played together just last
week when he was visiting Santa Barbara and he sounded terrific, as
always.

By the way, that particular book is sadly out-of-print and somewhat
difficult to find these days -- but it does pop up on eBay about once
a month... well worth locating.

cheers to all,

Tom Ball