re: toungue block

Do different embrochures sound different? Maybe if you're really good.
There's a whole style of playing and comping that's much easier to play
using the tongue block embrochure-like riffing to Chicago blues and playing
along with Hendrix power chords.

For real fast runs, and Sonny Terry type country playing, I prefer to
pucker.

I frequently change embrochures in mid song, going from fast runs to
riffing.

If you don't tongue block, and you've been playing for awhile, learn this
technique. It'll open whole new worlds of riffs and techniques. It'll
improve your tone and your bends. It's fun. Take a mic, crank the amp, get a
good seal and experiment just inhaling and running your tongue around on the
harp. You'll be amazed at the sounds you can get.I still can't blow bend,
but anyone with a little harp experience can get the regular bends in a few
months.

Rainbow Jimmy