amp mod for harp

The "cap across the plate resistor" trick for rolling
off highs (thus helping eliminate feedback and
allowing more use of the amps tone controls) is
described by Gerald Weber in the September 2003 issue
of Vintage Guitar, pp. 106-7.  I'm not sure how much
more I can say without infringing on copyright.  Email
me if you have any questions.  Gerald Weber is the
author of "Harp Amp Secrets and Tips" that many of you
have already seen at the jt30 website.

Anybody have any experience with or thoughts about
this modification?  I am thinking of having this done
to an old Ampeg J12R that I got a couple of years ago.
I currently use the tone controls on a Tube Works Blue
Tube to cut the highs going into the amp (I also use
the gain a bit on the blue tube -- the Ampeg has no
gain control and is pretty clean and bright otherwise
- - like nice folks' teeth oughtta be.  I've already got
lower gain preamp tubes in the ampeg).   Thanks!
- --john k.