Re: PEAVEY CLASSIC 30

Philippe says:

> I HAVE A PEAVEY CLASSIC 30 AND A SHURE SM 58.... I ALSO HAVE A LOT
OF
> FEEDBACK... SOMEONE HERE GOT THIS AMP? WHAT CAN I DO?

I have one, and occasionally I'll use it for a LITTLE bit more volume
than my ProJr can manage...

Here's how I set mine up for a 520DX (Mic volume 1/3-3/4):

Norm [0]
Channel Button [IN]
Post [5-10] -depending on the room.
Pre [1-3]
Reverb [1-2] (I tend to have a pretty "dry" sound. Some diaphragm &
throat tremolo makes up for a lot of reverb.)
Bass [12+]
Mid [5-10] 8-ish, usually.
Boost Button [OUT] (Boost button BAAAAAAD)
Treble [2]

Don't get in front of the amp
stay 15+ feet (5 meters) to the side

I can get a passable distorted (Chicago-like) sound this way with a
really tight cup (TurboLids rule).

I have NO IDEA how this'll work with a SM58 or other vocal mic, but
hopefully it'll get you in the ballpark.

- -Scorcher