Re: Harp in Brazilian 'Jazz' / Flamenco

We have several players dedicated to Brazilian music.
As Ludo Mentioned, them best known is Maurício Einhorn. He played with all
the bossa nova masters.
We have also
José Staneck,
Rildo Hora (check his recording with master accordion player Sivuca,
northeastern style)
Ronald Silva (you might look for recordings of the Orquestra Harmônicas de
Curitiba)
Gabriel Grossi, who, as Paul Farmer recently pointed out, released his first
CD.
Although not recorded, I must mention Vitor Lopes, who plays Chorinho
wonderfully.
In Belo Horizonte there is Marcelo Batista, but I don´t know about his
discography.
Benevides Chirréia Jr. in Curitiba (www.misterjack.com.br) is playing
Chorinho in a trio. Might release something sometime.
Rodrigo Eberienos recorded Forró (northeastern style) in a trio, where he
played the part of the accordion. I heard the unmixed recording don´t know
when he is getting it out. He has also plans of publishing a recording of
his own, playing various styles. Some, if not all,of the recording is
already done.
I´m sure Paul Farmer has more specific info, and I am also shure I have left
great players out, but this is a start.

About the Brazilian name for our instrument and performers:
A harmonica might be called:
Harmônica (surprise!)
Harmônica de boca
Gaita
Gaita de Boca
Realejo.

Accordions or similar instruments might be called gaita, specially in the
south.
And the bagpipes from Scotland are called gaita de fole (fole=bag)

A harmonica player might be called:
Harmonicista (older word, seldomely used)
Gaitista (most known term)
Gaiteiro (bastard term for gaitista).
I haven´t yet heard the term gaitanian, only here at Harp-l.

Best regards,
Fernando Bresslau
São Paulo - Brazil

I have never heard