Split Tongues

Listening to NPR last Friday on the way home, I heard a short piece about tongue splitting.
True to form they interviewed an expert in the realm of split tongues who claimed that,

"anything you can do with an un-split tongue,
you can do at least twice as well with a split tongue"
wink wink.

If you haven't figured out where I am going with this And not that I'm even remotely considering it.
I couldn't help thinking what the harmonica community's collective wisdom is on this thing.

What extraordinary feats of pyrotechnics does a split tongue offer on harmonica  ?
Could make for some very interesting chords 'que no?

Please excuse me if this one has already been around block but I just couldn't help throwing it out
there.

Cheers,
Still Bill