Learn Bends

In Harp digest#183, Jude wrote-----

 I am learning cross harp in part by learning every straight harp
song I know
in 2nd position.  It is frustrating but the second and third hole bends are
coming.  My current favorite is Swing low, sweet chariot - so you can see
what a beginner I am.

 http://www.harmonicalessons.com/bending4.html

 So Jude,   Above is a harp-site that deals with 'bending'.  look for
"bending" in the left side-bar  It helped me a lot  -- there are even sound
 file examples !  Sounds like you and I are in about the same boat
 ability-wise, I easily bend the draw 2, 3, & 4 and can now hit the bend
 first off ! (a good feeling accomplishment.)     I am working on 1 draw, it
seems
 tougher,wonder if tweaking that reed might help ?    What I want to do now
 is work on the blow bends, and what is, and how does, an 'over-blow' differ
?
 Other harp sites I like to read are www.tenhole.com (Italy)
 and www.crossharp.com
Welcome to the List !   bg