Re: delay pedal

<quote>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 18:19:31 -0500
From: "david j. brown" <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: delay pedal

Sonny Jr recommended the Dan Echo when I asked him via email. What is the mod
exactly?
</quote>

Here is how you can do the mod yourself... exactly.
http://www.e-basteln.de/harp/
By Juergen.
Or if you're not into DIY soldering then Ron Holmes does the job for a
reasonable price:
http://www.holmeseng.com/
And Kinder offer exactly the same mod for twice the price.

<quote from Juergen's DIY page>
The input impedance of the DanEcho is much lower than the 1 MOhm typically found
in tube amps - only about 100 kOhm for the DanEcho. Crystal and ceramic mics are
especially sensitive to such a lower-impedance load; they will lose a lot of the
low frequency part of their output.
The modification desrcibed here adds a little buffer amplifier to the input,
which provides an input impedance of 1 MOhm or higher.
</quote>

Exactly what Ron or Kinder do may differ in specifics.
I had mine done by Ron before Juergen put his page up, the results were
satisfying and now I use my pedal all the time where as before the mod it was
just collecting dust.

ATB
G.