Other instruments that Harp-L'ers Play

>From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:16:08 -0700, Roger A Gonzales wrote:
>
> >We didn`t just say to ourselves, "oh thats a nice sound I think I will
>play the harmonica" NO.
>
>I did. Did the same thing with piano, sax, guitar, accordion, bass,
>washboard, jaw harp, kazoo, jug, and violin. I picked up the kalimba
>because it looked cool.

Well, I started playing harp for the money and chicks!
:-)

Seriously, though, there are people here who play nothing but harmonica and
have no interest in playing anything else. And then there are folks for whom
harmonica is just one of many musical interests.

I think this thread may have been put forward before, but it's always
interesting to see what people say about this.

So the questions are:

Is harmonica the only instrument you play?

If yes, why?

If no, what other instruments do you play?

To start this off, I'll say that, in addition to harmonica, I also play
guitar and mandolin, and I sing. I love harmonica, but I also love guitar
and mandolin as much.

Each instrument has its own unique voice and I feel the guitar and mandolin
allow me to express different musical ideas and feelings. That doesn't mean
I PLAY each one equally well,  but the satisfaction I get from them all is
just as great.

Looking forward to hearing what other Harpers think on this.

Jimbeau