Re: Jimmy Buffet and Greg 'Fingers' Taylor

Try listening to old Jimmy Buffett, like A-1-A, Son of a Son of a Sailor, or
One Particular Harbour. A great sampler is his old live album, Feeding
Frenzy, which features Fingers Taylor.

I remember watching Buffett and Taylor in the San Luis Obispo State gym and
at San Diego State in the late 70's. They were not big, but they were true
to their own vision. Then, a terrible thing happened to Jimmy. His music
touched millions, he became very rich and developed a huge fan base. How can
you play the Blues with a million bucks in your pocket?  I hope none of us
ever suffer that malady!

Lots of people don't like his stuff, and lots do. Those who like his old
tunes will sometimes refer to themselves as Orthodox Buffett fans,
separating themselves from the mindless "parrot heads" that fill his
concerts now. Buffett may have lost his roots, but we can all still listen
to his roots.

Greg Taylor was my inspiration for learning the harp. I practice with him
regularly. Is he is out club hopping? I'd love to hear him again.
Thanks Fingers!

Michael
Marin County, CA
An Old Orthodox Believer