Re: tongue-block overblows?

> Just learning overblows, and I've got the 4,5,6 using a
> pucker embouchure. The position of my tongue in my mouth
> is critical in achieving these overblows.

That is a bad sign to begin with.
If you play your overblows from the back of your tongue, the tongue position
is not that important.

> So my question is, do people play TB overblows, and can
> anyone give me any pointers?

A good way to learn playing overblows with the back of the tongue is by
playing them tongue blocked.
I started out playing overblows with the tip of my tongue but switched to
the back of the tongue when I found out that I could also play them tongue
blocked.

So yes you can play overblows tongue blocked, but the lower you get on the
harp the more difficult it gets.
Playing tongue blocked overblows is, imho, the best way to learn good
overblow technique.

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
Overblows and Overdraws on the Diatonic Harmonica.

http://www.overblow.com/harmonica
Scale and Chord finder for the harmonica and all alternative tunings.