Kim Wilson- review of "Lookin' For Trouble" (Part II)

The review continues.....oooo.......

7. F Fat- Contrary to the title the song is not in F, but it is awfully Fat.
Some very nice cross soloing on this instrumental. I dig Gonyea on this, very
complimentary tone on this one. Upbeat, hip and swingin' hard Kim tears this
one apart. Kim penned this one as well (Key of Eb) (2nd position)

8. Hook, Line, and Sinker: I don't who wrote this one, but Kim does some
great vocal work on this song. Jump blues typically gets on my nerves after about
3 minutes, so luckily Kim has this song at 2:38, ergo having mercy on me.
Still for Jump blues done very well and the horn arrangment was great. (Key of Eb)
(no harp)

9. Hand to Mouth: Another Kim original with a very Howlin' Wolf influence . I
love Gonyea on this cut, nails Sumlin's tone to a tee. Great acoustic harp at
the end too. A great tribute to the Wolf. (Key of E) (2nd position)

10. Sometimes: A cover of D. Robey, check Gonyea tone on this one (my money
is on a Pro Junior or Tweed Champ), great phrasing and lines. Play this for
your guitar player and do his SRV clone ass a favor. (Key of C) (no harp)

11. Tried To Ruin Me: A nice tune penned by Kim, I swear the recording sound
is a dead ringer for "Be Careful What You Do" by John Brim. Kim's solo is very
hip, the backing is impeccable by Gonyea and the band. Can I rent this band
for my record? (Key of A) (1st position)

12. Lookin For Trouble I: The shuffle version of the first track. Kim's tone
is nice on this one, great soloing. Matches the first one easily. (Key of G)
(2nd position)

13. Down With It: oringinally but by L.C. McKinley, this has some tasty cool
swing served up nice by Gonyea. Who says guitarists always have to play with
distortion? Kim does some very tasteful singing, great horn section. (Key of
Ab) (No harp)

14. Hightime: Upbeat swingin' song, some deep nasty G harp soloing too. Great
piano work on this one. This a sweet one penned by Kim, Old school rock n'
roll played straight up. (Key of D) (2nd position)

15. Jr's Jump: Some fast swingin' blues, some tasty hammond B-3 laid down by
Mark Stevens. Great guitar work by Gonyea, again no reverb....I stand amazed!
Kim's solo is nice, and too the point. Grindin'! Dig that melody. (Key of F)
(2nd position)