Re: AMPS

What's the best amp?  There are lots of great amps, mics, etc.  They tend to
have different sounds.  I have a silverface Fender Champ that I love because
it has a more "present" and defined sound.  Lots of folks like the old
tweeds because they have a "darker" sound.  The '59 Bassman is very popular.
Ask around and you'll get a lot of opinions.  We all tend to have (and
desire) different sounds.

But it also depends greatly on your acoustic tone.  A player with great
acoustic tone will sound great through anything.  Not to burst any bubbles,
but a lot of harmonica players spend a lot of money and time trying to find
that "holy grail" setup when what they need more is to spend more time in
the woodshed.

 -- mike