Maintenance Question

I just recently joined the list after a several
year hiatus from the harp and this list.

Just curious, in regards to how many on the list
do serious repair work on their own harps.  I'm
not talking about installing a replacement reed
set.  I'm talking about replacing an individual
reed if it goes bad.

I had just started attempting this prior to my
hiatus and was wondering if purchasing rivet
knockout and setting tools were a worthwhile
purchase.  Or if most folks who had tried this
depth of repair were mostly unsuccessful with
their attempts.

The cost of harps has really gone up, along with
most everything else.  Yes, the initial price of a
good harp is minimal in comparison to the cost of
most other instruments.  But when looking at the
long term cost, i.e. replacement cost, then that
cost really gets up there.  Of course, there is
still that great sound.....

Have a Great Day!

Jim