Re: Harp Amps

Check out www.clarkamplification.com. They do a harp amp.

I personally think you are better off getting a classic guitar amp - a
tweed Bassman, Super, Bandmaster, Pro, Deluxe, etc. Clark and Victoria
(and Retrosound in Oz) do great copies of those amps. If you're going
to spend big bucks on a custom amp then you could probably afford an
original BF or Brown amp, depending upon the cosmetic condition, etc,
and they sound great for amp.

Look at it this way - Mark Hummel plugs SJ amps on his latest CD but
you'll note that the amp he actually recorded with was a 1959 Bassman.
The SJ's and other custom amps are cool (some of my friends swear by
them), but original tweed Fenders have better attack and tone, IMO.

Cheers
Andrew

> Message: 15
>    Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 23:36:46 EDT
>    From: Kel620@xxxxxxx
> Subject: Harp Amps
>
> What are the good harp amp companies? Do they have websites?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> K. Williams
>

> [This message contained attachments]

- --