Re: TB Question for Winslow[or anybody,really]

In a message dated 6/24/03 5:51:50 PM, RHartt1234@xxxxxxx writes:

<<I'm in the middle of the Little Walter bio and Louis Myers claims that
he had never heard anyone before Walter do a 2 note "shake" or trill ala 3
and 4 draw. >>

It also says in the LW book that Walter says he shook the harp, not his
head(in a 'no' motion), which I have personally seen Big Walter do. i think he
probably did both. BTW, I just finished the LW book, and I will have to say I
loved it for
the way the sessions Walter did are so detailed, and all the personal
reminisces
of his friends, mentors, and fellow players. The thing I found quite sad is
the
way he ended up and how he lived his life in later years. It really hit a sad
spot with me and I drew parallels to way too many blues men I have worked
with and have known. All in all, a great book for blues harp players(IMHO), kudos
to Scott Dirks and his cohorts for writing it.
HB
- --
Harp-l is sponsored by SPAH.
Hosted by ValuePricehosting.com, www.valuepricehosting.com