Re: Bb on a C harp...why?

> If you want to play Jazz on it the most common chord progression in the ii
V I.
>  The ii chord is a C minor chord which is the Eb which you cannot achieve
> on a conventionally set up harp and it happens to be the most expressive
chord
> tone you have in the C minor chord.

If you want to play jazz, you can be pretty sure that the song you are
playing goes through a number of different keys before you have reached the
bridge.
If you wanted to play only in second position you would be juggling harps.
If on the other hand you had played in more than just second position before
that, you would be able to play that Eb and second flat position would come
in pretty handy.

By the way I think that Eb on a C harp is one of the most expressive notes
available.
It can bend up and down and it can vibrate, growl and spit.

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
Overblows and Overdraws on the Diatonic Harmonica.

http://www.overblow.com/harmonica
Scale and Chord finder for the harmonica and all alternative tunings.