Re: Woman Found Guilty in 'Windshield' Case

The same thing happened to my 60 year old neighbor 2 years ago.   A drunk hit
him as he was walking across the street at the entrance to a highway on ramp.
  The drunk drove down the highway at 75mph with my neighbor sticking part
way out the windshield while his feet hung over the sunroof for 2 miles. The
drunk took the next exit and tried to toss my neighbor beside some dumpsters then
acted like he was helping the guy when he saw witnesses. My neighbor died on
the way to the hospital.

His wife who was mentally disabled was placed in a county home and his house
and all his property was repossessed by the bank leaving his children with
nothing.

The A-hole drunk on the otherhand was convicted of his second murder by
vehicle while drunk in 10 years.   He was out of prison for killing my neighbor in
13 months.

Harp content:
I'll quit harpin' on the subject for now.   He was a damn good neighbor for
21 years.

In a message dated 6/27/03 9:26:17 AM, jimbeauharp@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> While I appreciate your concern. the facts of this case really have no
> bearing on the issue of driving while distracted by activities such as
> playing harp or using a cell phone
>
> This woman was driving drunk, hit this poor man, and drove 2 miles to her
> home with him stuck in the windshield. She then left him there for hours to
> slowly die in agony while she plotted to dispose of his body.
>
> This is a case of depraved indifference to human life -- there is simply no
> comparison between this homicidal behavior and driving while distracted.
>
> Jimbeau

Michael "Fathead" Easton
Chromatic and diatonic repair and restoration @
http://www.harmonicarepair.com