Same Old Thing

I can't help it, I have to say I *like* what some here refer to as the same
old thing.

Harp blues with a feeling, in all its varieties, has so many nuances and
opportunities for innovation and variety, when played well, with a sense of rythm,
swing, timing, tone and interaction with other musicians, that I don't think
I'll ever tire of it or look at it as "the same thing" being beaten to death.
There's certainly plenty of room to stretch out on a 10 holer in 1st, 2nd &
3rd position and on a chromatic for the best players.

I'm all for harp innovation when it is done to improve a piece musically.
Some harp "innovation" I've heard (i.e. overblows/draws, unusual positions,
processors), for my humble 2 cents, sounds like its being done not so much to meet
a musical aim but just for the sake of being innovative. To me its like
playing music on a saw ( and not just where it sounds good - some saw playing is
cool musically, but playing the saw where it doesn't add musically).

Are there lots of Harp-L posters who regularly use overblows in performance?

Andy Vincent