Re: Mic cup

Lorenth@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Right, i have no clue if this post is going to get through, but what
> the hell....
> Ok, I'm just starting to get my playing amplified, and I've been
> playing through a green bullet for a few months now. my question is,
> how tight should I be able to get my hands cupped around it? there's
> definately a gap, around the heels of my hands. I mean, I can
> definately hold water in my cup, without the mic, and it bugs the hell
> out of me that I can't get it really tightened down. am self-teaching
> [very slowly] so don't have anyone to compare to. am i just a victim
> of small hands syndrome? any help you can send me.....
> Luke

   Hi Luke - try this... cup your hands together without a harp or mic
in approximately the same way you would hold your mic.Now make a seal
with your mouth and blow/draw in and out.You should have formed an
almost airtight cavity that expands when you blow and compresses when
you suck.This is what you are after with your mic/harp/mouth
combination; keep trying until you can get this kind of sealed cavity
and you will be amazed at the tonal possibilities it opens up for
you.There is no one" right way" to do this for everyone so experiment
with different grips until it works and is comfortable for you.
                                 Good Luck,
                                                  Jeff