overblow friendly reeds choke

> > would love to be able to get "missing" notes by overblowing - but the
> > question is, is this ambition incompatible with my apparent need for
wider
> > gapping
>
> Yes, you may find that close gap overblow friendly reeds choke on the
regular
> notes when going for velocity and volume.

Yes, but I do think that if attention is payed to the resonance of the
regular notes, so that the mouth position is such that it resonates the
reeds pitch you can get away with tighter gapped reeds when playing loud.

No miracle cure, but every little bit helps.

> By self experimentation, you may find a happy medium. However, the speed
that
> is demanded of Irish tunes may be too fast to incorporate many overblows
> played at pitch and seamlessly.

Mick Kinsella plays Irish music and plays a lot of overblows, but I don't
remember if he is a loud player.

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
Overblows and Overdraws on the Diatonic Harmonica.

http://www.overblow.com/harmonica
Scale and Chord finder for the harmonica and all alternative tunings.