From: BT <bulldog483@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:42:39 -0400
To: Lorenth@xxxxxxx, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mic cup

I just did a quick check I just found I make my elbows closer and tilt my
hands so my little finger is more of a 45 degree to the floor and rest the
palms of my hands near the base of my thumb on my chin to close the gap ,
,interesting I am in the same boat ,,just getting comfotable playing with a
mic and amp and had to mess around a bit to get it right, but it is now
second nature,,
Sometimes my arms shake I am pushing so hard to may the fit ,,but that has
happened less and less.
I also have taken to holding the mic as far back in my hands as possible to
make the biggest cup I can,,sometimes with just my little fingers hold it
,,feels natural now,,when you make the fit the tone jumps by 10 at least,,,I
have a Brown Bullet which is smaller than the green one so you might want to
see if you can go to a smaller mic. There are plenty of old and good small
ones out there to pick from ,,,Try Tom Ellis , at harmonicalessons to start.
anyway hope this helps...
But I would like to hear what everyone has to say about this,,
Happy Harpen
Bulldog