RE: was positions now is scales and modes

Hey, all
Thanks for the clarification on the Positions vs Modes thang.
I'm goin' back to the woodshed now to "unlearn" a few things.

I now (think I) realise that:

The KEY I'm playing in relative to the key of the HARP I'm playing is
the "position".

The NOTE CHOICE I play within that key determines the "mode".

The relationship "commonly" associated between modes and positions is,
I guess, just a convenience of association because some modes "lay
better" in certain positions.

....Is that right?

- -Scorcher