RE: Amp question

Luke asks:
<SNIP>
 I've been playing for about 4 years now, and am looking to buy my
first decent amp
<SNIP>
 I'm looking for something small, that'll probably need to be a mic
into the PA. 15 watts or something. and if possible, with built in
reverb
<SNIP>

My vote is for a Fender Pro Jr.
In my inexperienced, humble opinion it's definitely in the top 3 for
the money.

OK, I know it doesn't have reverb - I don't miss it! I've heard the
Blues Jr.(for some reason) takes a bit more "tweaking" to get a cool
sound out of.

Maybe you can find a nice used tweed Pro Jr. with a blue-framed
speaker...I did, for under $200.00! Pretty cheap for an amp that
sounds this good.

Altenatively, you might be lucky enough to find an old
Kalamazoo...I've heard of them going for as little as $50.00!
- -VERY LOW wattage, low volume amp with a boatload of tone.

- -Scorcher