From: Lorenth@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 19:24:42 EDT
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Amp question

        Right, hate to bother you guys with such newbie questions, but
here's another.
      now, I know the answer is: "whatever sounds right to you", "work on
your acoustic tone first", etc. etc. but I've been playing for about 4 years
now, and am looking to buy my first decent amp [am playing through a variety
of distinctly guitar rigs right now, like a Marshall half-stack], and am not
in a position to really go shopping around, checking amps out, I live too
far from town. and at any rate, I've just started amplifying at all, so even
if I stumbled across "the amp", I probably wouldn't have to amplified
experiance to make it sing anyways. but I'd like to invest wisely, so I
don't have to go out and blow another few hundred dollars in a year or two.
      so anyway, I'm looking for something small, that'll probably need to
be a mic into the PA. 15 watts or something. and if possible, with built in
reverb, so I don't have to mess around with an extra pedal and cords.
      am really looking for a one-trick pony, chicago blues tube sound,
cause I only intend to be using it sparingly, and still do most of my
playing acoustic [or at least, vocal mic]. does such a beast exist?
portable, something I won't grow out of, rich tone, and reverb? and god
knows, under 500 dollars? am looking a fender champ right now, but the one I
was looking at didn't have the reverb, and I'm really looking for that.
      right, thanks for you guys time. you were really helpful on the mic
cup question, so I hope I'm not bugging you with all these beginner
questions.
      Luke