Re: Amp Opinion

Although I personally like the Fender Hot Rod series, as a harp player
I'm not the least bit interested in trying to push 40 watts through a
single 12" speaker while cupping and overloading a mic element.  If I
wanted something in that power range, I'd spend a couple hundred $ more
for a '59 Bassman Reissue, 45 watts through 4 10" speakers.  From my own
experience, you can turn it up louder without feedback and get more
projection from a 10" speaker than you can with a 12" speaker.
Just my $0.02.