Breathing

 Rainbow Jimmy said,
>I've figured out how to open my mouth and
>throat while playing harp. Should
>my stomach be held in, puffed out, or neither?
>Puffing it out seems to give
>the best sound.

Ah. A chance to contribute.

You'll get lots of jokes on this one I bet [about not
alienating/repulsing the females in the audience], but
the truth is that it's a good observation, AND, it's
pretty important, good-habit-wise, to NOT puff out the
stomach, but rather force that impulse back up
against/under the diaphragm. Once one has discovered
the power of breathing in that area/way, it's many
times more efficient to press with the bottom of the
diaphragm.

Rather than bore people and risk a weird thread- [it
don?t take much] I'll suggest you get some information
on ~diaphragmatic breathing~. But make sure you get
something geared for actors and orators, NOT opera
singers.

You are on to something, but watch out, it's a widely
misunderstood thing [I could imagine it turning into a
confusing and useless thread] and, for instance; opera
singers and stage actors have VERY different
approaches [so be careful who you take advice from].
You/we need the air in the same way that actors do,
NOT air to manipulate in your lungs/head/pallet. Once
you get used to breathing diaphragmatically you'll
have twice the ~wind~ and power.

Hope this helps.
Robb