Re: 3 Hole Blow problem

Dave, John.......................If you are blowing hard and the reed chokes
out, you are blowing too hard.  I'm not certain, and others will correct me
if I'm wrong, but I think the lower the gap the more prone a reed is to
choking out.  If the issue is loudness, I'd suggest controlling volume at
the amp.  Blowing harder is a little louder, and good for a dynamic effect,
but it'll never get you to compete with guitar amps.

I would agree with a preference for the 2 draw over the 3 blow.  While the
notes are the same. I think the 2 draw has more presence.  But don't abandon
the 3 blow entirely.  You'll find it useful as a breath relief, in certain
runs.  If you just need the straight note, the 3 blow is fine.  If you need
to go to a 2 hole bend from the root note, then the 2 draw is probably a
better choice.  Bottom line is do what comfortable for you.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt