Fw: 3 Hole Blow problem

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen Shaw
Sent: 02 March 2003 18:08
To: David Roberts
Subject: Re: 3 Hole Blow problem

Hello everyone.
This is my first communication!!  In answer to David Roberts, your proble=
m is almost certainly insufficient reed offset on that 3-blow reed.  If y=
ou look at the upper reedplate (the blow reeds) with the covers off you'l=
l probably find that the 3- blow reed appears slightly less "depressed" b=
elow its slot at its free end compared to the other reeds.  You will have=
 to press it down VERY CAREFULLY to get it to sit like the adjacent reeds=
.  Use a blunt implement and work away gently  mostly at the end near the=
 rivet.  For simple do-it-yourself on reeds I definitely recommend the Le=
e Oskar harmonica maintenance kit (for any harp) - it comes with a manual=
 with diagrams too.  I play traditional Irish music in first position on =
diatonic harps, and your problem with choking blow reeds is one that I'm =
VERY familiar with!
Steve Shaw, Cornwall, UK.