Blues on the chromatic

Mike,

    You are encroaching one of the more unexplored areas of chromatic
harmonica music. Of course there is the plethora of diatonic players who
whip out their chrom and play minor 6 chords in D, what you get when you
draw on an open chrom harp. Some of this stuff sounds nice, especially the
recordings of the masters who first started doing it many decades ago. But
to actually hear the instrument being used to it's potential, your sources
are limited. Also the problem is what your interpretation of the Blues is.
If you're talking about playing shuffles all night, then you have already
limited your options.
   William Clarke did some interesting stuff, but rhythmically and
melodically it left a lot to be desired by me. Bill Barrett has some really
nice stuff on his C.D.'s, especially "Backbone", listen to "Where green is
Blue", one of my favorites. His website is http://www.billbarrett.net  (it
may temporarily be down due to billing problems.)
    I have a bunch of blues recorded on chromatic, some of it on my website:
http://www.goodomen.net
 Anybody who would like to hear what the blues on Chromatic sounds like,
send me your snail mail off list, I'll send you a free demo of my music.
   Also, Howard Levy plays blues chromatically on the diatonic, you'll have
to ask one of the Howardites which would be the best choice in that area.
   On the net, check out G's website:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/
  It isn't working on my computer now, maybe it's packed with viewers!

  Good Luck!

 Damien Masterson