Re: CX-12 backspring mod

>A short while ago, Sam Gravina posted a message
>about looking to purchase a new chromatic harmonica
>after having his CX-12's plastic cover housing getting busted
>from being dropped several times.
>
>Well accidents do happen, as I dropped my CX-12
>twice in matter of days--once on a carpetted floor and the
>last time on my basement concrete floor when I was carrying
>it my shirt pocket and stupidly bent over.
>
>Fortunately my CX-12 did not break, instead the
>backspring just popped right off, and the CX-12 seemed
>to explode in pieces--but nothing was actually broken.
>
>What saved it from breaking ?
>
>I think it was the modification that I made to the backspring
>that I found on G's Harp-on website which can be found at:
>
>http://www.angelfire.com/music/HarpOn/maintassemb.html#cx12work

  Another modification which can be made (especially for those who ALREADY
have
"snapped-out" the Channels in the caseing).
  Take 2 clips from a woman's Bra which look like little squares of metal
about 5/8 to 3/4 " square. These are "adjusters" and have (usually) 2 slots
in them. The one slot is used for twin self tapping sheet metal screws into
the case. (Screws from old casette tapes or larger). BTW, the larger the
Bra the larger the clips. They are on the straps that go over the
shoulders. Big girls use big straps..hence big clips.

  You may have to put a little curve in the clips to conform to the
caseing. The other slot is centered RIGHT OVER the slot which you no longer
have and where the plastic is broken away leaving just a hole.

  If you don't have access to these womanly items, just fashion your own
from 1/6" thick alum. plate. Even design clips which work better for
YOU.......smokey-joe