Smart Music, update

Well gang,
I have had Smart Music for about a couple of weeks now and I am still scratching the surface of this wonderful program.  It has a huge variety of Jazz songs provided by the Jamey Abersold series of play along accompaniment as well as Allfred Music play alongs as well. The great things about this program is that with every song on this program, you are able to practice in all 12 keys, which is what should be done anyway.  The neat thing is when you go to change keys, it does not say key of G or key of A, it asks if you want to transpose up or down from a minor second, major second, minor third, etc.  This way you are also learning, and teaching intervals...pretty cool ehh?   For instance I used the program with one of my students today and was able to change keys from one to the other so he was able to not only practice in several keys but the program allows you to record yourself along with the play along and then play back what you have recorded to critique better what your
 student or you are playing.  The recording reproduction is great and can be saved, sent to someone as an attachment, or put on a CD for future listening.
The microphone that comes along with the software has a clip that attaches quite well to a chromatic, however a diatonic is a bit tougher.  I am going to try another microphone set up on a music stand next week when my student comes back for another lesson.  I am going to try using a SM-58 connected to a 1/4" adapter and see how that works.  If I try it on myself before next week, I will email you all the results.  More information is available at www.codamusic.com.  Smart Music 7.1 is available for about $100.  This comes with a footswitch for starting and stopping the program without having to be in front of the key board but I haven't had to use to yet.
More to come....

regards,
Roger Gonzales  aka (Gonzo)...to some. ;o)