Daily Almanac - March 10

I have no events to report for today.

I recently revieved a copy of Elliott and the Untouchables live CD -
"Smokin' The Blues" and let me tell you...it does exactly that.  The
previous two CD's that I heard were absolutely fantastic.  Great Blues
featuring the harmonica stylings of list member Mike "Naz" Nazarenko.  This
album absolutely blows those previous two away, if such a thing were
possible.
Recorded live at the Double Door in North carolina, the band swings through
a set of mostly cover tunes and does a great job of making them sound like
their own.  The band is as tight as it gets and they make themselve sound
like the most fun you can have with your clothes on.  Live recordings are
where the rubber meets the road in music.  there is no room for mistakes and
this band absolutely never makes one.  They know when to blast and when to
lay back.  Mike Nazarenko is a harmonica player's harmonica player and you'd
be doing yourself a favor by trying to emulate him, he's that good.
I definitely recommend that yopu add this one to your collection.
For more information on Elliott and the Untouchables, please visit:
http://www.elliottandtheuntouchables.com/

That's all I have for today.  Have fun and practice.

Peter Krampert, author
The Encyclopedia of the Harmonica
http://www.eharmonica.net