Re: Daily Almanac - March 12

>From: <pkrampert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Blues harmonica player Mark Dufresne was born on this day in 1953.
>Dufresne emerged from the Kansas City Blues scene in the 1970's and has
>released several outstanding albums of his music.

Mark DuFresne was a great inspiration to me at 18 years old while I was
visiting Kansas City. After hanging out with Mark for a week I finally
figured out how to bend a note properly and precisely. now if I could just
remember how to do that at 42!

He now is the lead singer and harp player for Roomful of Blues!
http://roomful.com/theband/theband_markdufresne.html

>Astronaut Wally Schirra was born on this day in 1923.  The only astronaut
>to fly in the one of each of the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo missions,
>Schirra made real history when he played the harmonica in outer space in
>1965.

As for Wally, I don't know him, he never influenced me but I too have played
many times in outer space.

Michael Peloquin
http://www.harphouse.com/peloquin1.html