Re: P Funk-trying hard for harp relevance

> I won tickets to see P Funk on Friday. Quite a show. No harp, but I kept
> trying to figure out how to throw harp into the mix. First off, I'd have
> woodshed for a million years because every musician there was world class.
> Second, I'd have to figure out how to blend in with 9 singers. Man, these
> guys were loud. I think a good jazz oriented overblower could have fun
with
> a band like this. I'm not sure how this show will impact my harp playing,
> but I guarantee it will.

I started playing harp on acount of the Funcadelic song "Music for My
Mother", which later turned out to be the only track on that funkadelic
album that didn't have any harp in it.

The older Funcadelic albums and some of the Parliament albums have a lot of
harmonica on them.

Tinus
http://www.tenhole.com
Overblows and Overdraws on the Diatonic Harmonica.

http://www.overblow.com/harmonica
Scale and Chord finder for the harmonica and all alternative tunings.