Re: last minute suprise in NJ tonite!- jams and amps

Hi All:

Cathi wrote:
<snip>
Even though I actually choke with rueful envy at some of those gigs he scores...wow.

Cathi N.
<snip/>

Not to mention the Filisko's!!

Had my brief moment in the sun last week at a special birthday party blues jam. A local
harp player dropped by and was ~drooling~ over my turbo lids.

The party was pretty cool too. Great idea. Book the jam site on your birthday, invite all
the requlars plus every musician you know, then you get to pick who you play with and it
doesn't matter if you keep messing up in the third set 'cause people kept handing you
shots during the first two, 'cause it's your birthday.

Not to start a new tube/solid state battle, er...I mean ~discussion~, but, I've been hitting
a couple local jams fairly regularly with my little Fender Bronco tweed solid-state reissue.
I run a green bullet into it on the overdrive channel with the gain just below 2, bass full,
mid off, treble 3-4 and I've been getting lots of compliments on the sound. (I like to think
it's really my playing but it does sound sweet! And it looks cool, especially right next
to the Fender Pro Jr. tweed amp that the guy running the jam uses. Now if I bought that
2x12 Fender Labs Bassmaster tweed point to point amp I saw down town a few weeks ago ($2000 Can)
we could line all three up and do rotating side by side comparisons! Or stack 'em one on top of the
other for a tower of tweed. Ya, and slave them all together! Oops, sorry, too much coffee, back
to work.)

lefty.