Re: reeds that won't sound

Hi folks,

A lurker and a new harmonica player (playing since September or so) with a
basic question.

Why does a reed get "stopped" so that it won't play, and then, if you blow
harder, it "pops" and plays fine, but each time you try to attack it anew it
is "stopped" again?

How do I minimize this?

Does this only happen on blow notes?  It seems like it.

I'm wondering if playing in a cold room makes it worse when warm breath hits
the reed and wind saver.

I realize this is harmonica 101 and is probably an old topic, but I wasn't
even sure what terminology to search for.

Thanks